7.19.2011

Indian Saag Curry Tofu (with Chicken)

Ingredients:

10 oz Mori-Nu extra-firm tofu (2/3 lean)

2 oz cubed cooked chicken (1/3 lean)

1.5 cups fresh spinach (3 greens)

2 wedges Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese (1 healthy fat)

1 TSP curry powder (2 condiments)


Directions:

When cooking the chicken, only cook it in water. In a sauté pan, use a small amount of water (probably about 1/4 cup) and cook the spinach. Add the tofu, chicken, and curry powder and mix together while on medium-high heat. Add 2 wedges of LC cheese and mix until creamy.


Serving: 1 serving of 1 lean, 3 green, 1 healthy fat, and 2 condiments


I really only used chicken because I didn't have enough tofu. If you want to use just tofu, you need 15 oz. If you want to use chicken, you need 6 oz. I really liked this. I made two different versions; one for me and one for my sister. In her meal I used LC light swiss cheese and in mine I used LC light blue cheese. In my opinion, the blue cheese was better. But it's your choice because you'll be eating it.

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...