8.30.2011

Birthday Dinner and Skeletons.

Sunday was my 21st birthday, so I made the decision that my birthday dinner would be at
P. F. Chang's. I chose the Buddha's Feast as my dinner, just steamed and instead of rice, extra tofu. I love oriental food. Especially RICE AND NOODLES. So for me to not get rice or noodles, it was a big deal. Most of my oriental meals before MF had either rice or noodles. P. F. Chang's, like most restaurants, gives a free dessert if you're there for your birthday. Yes, I did order the dessert...

BUT I DIDN'T EAT IT! I instead gave it to my uncle. I even chose a flavor he likes. I resisted the temptation of free dessert and kept focusing on the overall goal of weight loss. But I did have to deal with the embarrassment of my family singing Happy Birthday in the middle of the restaurant.

So, tonight, I got the urge to begin to sort through my clothes. I'vebeen putting it off for some time now. I guess it has to do with the fact that by getting rid of the clothes, I'll have to admit that I'm losing weight. Weight is a skeleton that has always been creeping in my closet. By getting rid of the old clothes, I'm letting go of the skeletons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...