9.02.2011

Ranch Baked Tilapia


I absolutely love this recipe. I first came up with the idea on July 28th, but took me a little to make it. I prefer to space out my recipe posts. But this recipe is one I absolutely LOVE! When I make it, I usually cook Mashed Cauliflower at the same time to get the greens.

Ingredients:
20 oz tilapia fillets - should cook down to 14 oz (2 lean)
4 TBSP Hidden Valley Light Ranch Dressing (2 healthy fats)
1/4 cup fat free parmesan cheese (4 condiments)

2 servings of 1 lean, 2 condiments and 1 healthy fat

Directions:
Spread half of the ranch dressing in the bottom of a greased 9x13" metal baking pan*. Arrange the fish in a single layer over the dressing. Spread the remaining dressing evenly over the top of the fish. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese. Bake at 425ยบ 15-20 minutes or until the fish is done. If the top needs browning put the baking pan under the broiler for a few minutes until nice and brown. I broiled mine for 4 minutes. Don't put the pan too close to the broiler element or the cheese will burn. I kept my pan on the middle rack for the baking as well as the broiling.

1 comment:

  1. Ranch dressing goes well with so many things and it is a great idea to use on fish. I may try this once I get some fresh fish in-your picture looks savory and tasty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...