8.28.2011

Update. Rewards. One Year Older.

Update:
So, I'm a bit behind on updating about me. I'm officially at 244.8 lbs, meaning I've lost 44.8 lbs in 11 weeks. School started on the 22nd which signals the beginning of my last semester of senior year of college. I'll be graduating this December, a semester earlier than when I'm supposed to be. I hope to have lost at least 80+ lbs by graduation.

Rewards:
I have set goals in 10% loss increments. I reached my first goal on 7/26 of losing 10% of my original weight. My reward was to get my helix pierced with one of the hole required for an industrial piercing. My sister and I took a trip out to Brandon Westfield Town Center to visit the Atomic Tattoo inside the mall. After going through the paperwork, the piercer, TJ, took me back. After an almost nose piercing, he pierced one of the holes needed and told me "well, I might as well do the other." And it was done. Now I have both of the holes needed for the industrial and just need for it to heal so I can put it in.


Afterwards, I went to Piercing Pagoda to go ahead and select the industrial bars I wanted. I couldn't decide between two industrial bars and a set of three barbells, so I went ahead and purchased all three. They were my gift to myself.

Recently, I also completed two specialty goals and a challenge I had been participating in. On 8/18, I reached 250 lbs and completed the Memorial Day to Labor Day challenge. Two days later on 8/20, I fit into a pair of size 20 shorts that I had to purchase for work. I still haven't decided what to do for a reward for those.

I like to call reaching my rewards my "Hell Yeah" moments. The goal is reached and you just want to say "Hell Yeah, I did it!"

One Year Older:
And today, I am one year older. August 28 2011, is my 21st birthday. And I'm not going to fall off plan simply to have cake or dessert. I've worked too hard to throw an entire week of loss away for one dessert. My family and I will be going to P. F. Chang's for dinner tonight and I'll be staying on plan. I've also come up with a list of 21 things I want to complete before I turn 22.
  1. Go to Splitsville.
  2. Get a manicure.
  3. Be out after 12 AM.
  4. Visit New York.
  5. Get a bicycle.
  6. Go to Cinebistro.
  7. Shop for new clothes.
  8. Visit Seattle.
  9. 21 18 drinks.
  10. Go ice skating.
  11. Paintball.
  12. 21 places in one night.
  13. Eat sushi.
  14. New ID.
  15. Ride in a limo.
  16. Go to Disney.
  17. Go to a concert.
  18. Get a new dress.
  19. Visit the outlet mall.
  20. 21 20 free things.
  21. Be a college kid for once.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say Happy Belated Birthday, and also to express empathy for having a birthday while in the weight loss phase of Medifast. Mine was August 21st, and I had a shake cake with cream cheese "frosting" as my birthday cake. Not terribly festive, lol. Thanks for all the great recipe ideas. The variety is really helping my husband and I to not feel so deprived.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...