9.12.2011

So Close But Still So Far Away & Thai Coconut Curry Chicken


So, my weigh-in yesterday but me at 240 lbs. Which means I'm now .4 lbs away from having lost 50 lbs total. And I'm 5.4 lbs away from my next goal. SO FREAKING CLOSE. But I'll get there, hopefully by the end of this week.

But this past weekend I was working at Tropicana Field for the Tampa Bay Rays. It was a little difficult to stay on plan because someone I work with brought in two pans of white chicken lasagna. Trust me, it was hard. I love pasta and this lasagna is made with an alfredo sauce and artichoke hearts. But I prevailed and didn't eat any of it.

I'm actually planning to go to the second home football game for my college. It's this upcoming Saturday so I have to plan what I'm bringing with me and what I'll be doing for my lean and green.

Ingredients:
1 TSP besame oil (1 healthy fat)
1/4 cup scallions (1/2 greens)
2 TSP Thai Kitchen Red Curry Pate (2 condiments)
1/8 TSP garlic powder (1/2 condiment)
1/3 cup Thai Kitchen Lite Coconut Milk (1 healthy fat)
2 TBSP chopped cilantro (.12 condiment)
18 oz boneless, skinless, chicken breasts - should yield 12 oz cooked and cubed (2 lean)
2 3/4 cup cooked grated cauliflower (5 1/2 greens)

Serving: 2 serving of 1 lean, 3 greens, 1.5 condiments, and 1 healthy fat

Directions:
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium high heat. Add scallions and red curry paste and saute one minute. Add cubed chicken and garlic powder and cook until almost done. Add coconut milk and mix well. Simmer about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Mix in cilantro. Serve over cauliflower rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...